Winder stairs design
The winder stairs are good for the building which have no much space for straight stairs. The winder stairs are also known as curved and angled stairs. Such stairs are turned for the more time. These stairs need less space in the building. Best winder stairs are also built for the indoor and outdoor and its sketches, photographs, and instructions are available for your help. You can also attach the different styles of the railing which enhance the beauty of the winder stairs.
Definition of the winder stairs
As name winder or curved stairs means angled stairs these stairs are turned till you need. These stairs have no landing there is no any space among stories. Particularly these stairs trip hazard. Winder stairs have minimum tread width and radius and have less walking space.
Stairway does not have parallel edges. Its mean a spiral, circular stair, curved stairs are called winder stairs but there is some difference between circular and winder stairs. A place where less space for the stairs then you can build winder stairs. Winder stairs must have handrails to use the area and where the tread width is less than 6.5 inches probably 17 cm.
Best area for the winder stairs
Winder stairs are good for that area where less place and need to make axis. This is difficult to fit it but good for you. Actually, it is or the small area. A walker should hold the handrails that actually directs the person to step and also directs the ascending or descending stair.
Tread: Tread means part of stairways that is stepped on to the next floor. Width is measured side to side and the tread depth is also measured from the outer edge vertically.
Riser: Between each stair the vertical portion of tread it is probably on winder stairs may be not on open stairs.
Newel: To anchor the handrails at large baluster and it is a structural element it extends to the below of floor and the bottom of the floor.
Double winder stairs: These winder stairs are designed in which stairs are turned two 90 degrees turn, 180 degrees. In winder stairs, each turn has 3 or 4 tread kite winder design.
Winder stairs are made the best quality of pine material. A staircase is in 3 sections.
Deliver the winder stairs anywhere and we also offer you staircases specification
Strings – 33mm Pine
Winder Treads – 33mm Pine
Treads – 33mm Pine
Risers –10mm Plywood
Newel Posts – 90 x 90mm Pine
How to build stair stringers formula
However, you build the new winder stairs or replacing the old. In both cases, this is a big challenge for the builder to tackle it.
- First, you need to measure the total length and height of winder stairs. To build stair stringers formula you can use an easy formula. You guess in your mind the slope and the landing point. Where you want to last step. The slope should be 40 degrees. Then measure the winder stairs total rise to the landing spot. As your requirement, you can do the 2×4 and a 4-ft. Level. It depends on your requirement.
- After to measure the slope now estimate the number of steps. Divide the approximate height with the 7. If there is round off remainder may be .5 or more. It may be more and less than .5 if less then your number of rises should be exactly as you want. The recommended rises height may be 6-1/2 to 8 in. but if the height is too short then again redivide the height by 8. Now find the exact number of treads and simply subtract the 1 from the risers. Always treads are more than the risers you can multiply it by 10.25. Ideal tread width is 2x6s. Measure the to find the exact landing point. This is the point to measure the stair height estimate the stringer and skirt length.
Measurement of risers
- And now to measure the exact total rise. You divide the total height to the estimated number of risers for the exact risers height. The ideal range is 6-1/2 and 8 in. If your risers height doesn’t match the exact point you add or subtract the riser and again divide it then Your number of treads will be change and landing point shift from the exact place.
- To confirm the exact measurement draw a sketch in your mind. Use the exact riser and tread dimensions for your framing squares. The totally exact plan is very important. First, plan the solid base at the landing point. The base should be the small concrete slab. The level is 2×12 over 6-in. The gravel base. After exact winder stairs sketch, use it as a guide for position landing.
- The bottom riser should be 1-1/2 in. shorter than the other risers. First, test the sketch before build winder stairs. If you did any mistake, winder stairs do not look good and change the the total look of a house.
- Material for winder stair
- Measure winder stairs from the rim to the landing spot and add 2 ft.
Now you buy them
Three treated 2x10s
Two 2×12 skirts and
Two 2x4s sized
- for the next larger length. Now you have a plenty of material to work with. If you estimate the all things first so there are low chances of buying material. You should buy the exact an good material for your winder stair. To secure the winder stair get a 6-ft. 2×6 to the deck. You should also need for each tread two 2x6s and for each riser need 1×8. To fasten the skirts and treads you can use 3-in. screws for the stringers and the skirts.
- For your extra-strong winder stair, Too strong the middle stringer 2×10 with 2x4s nailed at both sides. However, there are several ways to fasten the stringers stairs. A simple, foolproof, extra-strong method is to especially work well without skirts even for open-sided stairs built.
Required Tools to Build a Winder stairs Project
Have the necessary tools for this how to build stairs DIY project lined up before starting the winder stair you need this equipment so first arrange them. These pieces of equipment are Chalk line, Circular saw, Clamps with a reach of at least 18 in., Corded drill, Framing square, Hammer, Handsaw, Level, Safety glasses, Sawhorses and Stair gauge.